Upgrading to a newer version of the iPhone sounds exciting, many people would either resell or trade their old iPhones. At times, trading in is a lot simpler and you may just need to go through a manufacturer who can estimate the value of your old iPhone. Moreover, selling your iPhone may require more work but it’s the better option if you are planning to get more cash. You may sell your phone online and reach a marketplace where you can get a good price. However, there are pros and cons in both processes that you may need to know. Here’s the battle of Apple trade-in vs selling and which option is the best for you:
Pros of Apple Trade-in
- Convenience: Trading in an apple device is simple and easy. You don’t need to find a buyer or go through negotiations. Simply bring the device to an apple store and they will give you your device’s value.
- Guaranteed Payment: If you are looking for quick cash, trading in your old iPhone is a guaranteed payment.
- Environmental Friendly: Apple’s trade-in programs are done so devices are disposed of properly or repurposed.
Cons of Apple Trade-in
- Lower Payout: Apple trade-ins usually have lower payouts as they based the price on the device’s condition.
- Limited Options: The program is limited to specific, recent devices and models. You may not be able to trade in if your device is an older and less popular model.
- Less Control: There’s no negotiation or the ability to choose a buyer hence why you have less control over your device.
Pros of Selling
- Higher Payout: You have the ability to set your own price and negotiate with potential buyers to get the offer that you want. This has a higher payout than trading in.
- More Control: aside from being able to set your own price, you can choose the buyer and set your own terms too. In this way, you have more control over the process.
- No Restrictions: It doesn’t matter who you sell it to or what device model you’re selling.
Cons of Selling
- Time-consuming: You may need to spend a lot of time listing, taking photos, and responding to potential buyers’ inquiries.
- Risk: There’s a risk that a buyer may scam you by not paying.
- No Guaranteed Payment: If you are in need of money quickly, there is a risk that your device may not get sold fast and you may have to wait for some time before attracting serious buyers.
Now that you know the pros and cons that come with both Apple trade-in and selling, it’s time for you to decide which one will benefit you the most. Consider your circumstance and what your needs and priorities are at the current moment before making a decision. Always consider your device’s age, condition, and preference. There’s no right or wrong choice here, it all depends on you. If you are wondering how selling online works, contact us at MLG Cash and we’ll guide you to your needs.